Join us for our morning tours with our local, experienced Chalay Captains.
Journey to the best snorkeling spots in southern Thailand and discover stunning hidden away beaches near “the Maldives of Thailand”, the tiny island of Koh Lipe.
Choose between the travel routes.
The Inner Islands (Program 1) takes you on a snorkeling adventure to some of the bigger islands near the Tarutao National Marine Park starting from Jabang and Hin Ngam beaches, moving on to Koh Yang and the majestic Koh Adang before heading back.
The Far Islands (Program 2) lets you explore some of the smaller islands in the area, beginning from the beach at Hin Son, heading to the barely inhabited Koh Bulon Le and proceeding to Monkey Beach, Koh Lugoi, Koh Pung and finally relaxing at Hin Ngam.
Program 3 offers amazing snorkeling during our low season and will not disappoint with sites that can include White Rock, Mei Mei, Adang’s stunning beaches and reefs and a waterfall during rainy periods!
All the necessary snorkeling gear, fruit, lunch and water will be provided on the tour and you will have plenty of memories to take away.
Note: • The itinerary is not fixed and subject to change according to weather, sea conditions and other factors that may play a role. We can not guarantee each stop as per below.
4-5 stop Inner Island Tour (White route on map),
Koh Lipe’s favourite snorkel route, with our first snorkel reef only 15 minutes away by longtail boat.
- Jabang – Beautiful submerge pinnacles, colourful purple and pink soft corals and an abundance of marine life. Although sometimes stronger currents, this small reef is equipped with ropes for safety. Expect a few more boats and snorkelers here wanting to experience this “soft coral heaven”.
- Hin Ngam – This small island is covered with beautiful black polished volcanic stones that have formed by the waves hitting the shores for possibly thousands of years. Also famous for its amazing snorkel reef, which offers a wide variety of reef fish, hard and soft corals, right next to the island.
- Koh Yang – Beautiful hard coral reef in the shallows and big overgrown boulders and fantastic soft corals at depth. Swim out to the beach to relax under the shaded trees.
- Koh Rawi – A perfect spot to stop for lunch by the picnic tables in the shaded forest area. Enjoy the swings hanging from the trees for some added fun and take a walk on the long white sandy beach.
- Koh Adang – Enjoy our final snorkel reef at Ao Song in this underwater paradise with colourful fish and anemone plants.
Far island tour (Program 2)
5-6 stop Far Island Tour (Black route on map),
9am-5pm (8 hours), 750- baht
1 hour away by longtail boat, the far islands consist of a cluster of small islands and often less crowded.
- Hin Son – The highlight of this attraction is the naturally created stacked rock formations. The snorkel reef has a variety of beautiful corals included colourful fan corals and deep pinnacles.
- Bulo – A far less crowded snorkel reef with pristine corals and a higher chance of seeing larger marine life, including rays and sharks.
- Koh Dong – Also known as Monkey beach, a quite deserted beach, inhabited with monkeys and jungle trees, including the edible Indian-almond plant, outlining the shore. A perfect spot to enjoy our packed lunch boxes, before walking into the sea and explore the amazing off-shore shallow, coral reef.
- Koh Lugoi – Enjoy the beautiful little beach or take a short trail into the middle of the island. In the high season you can sometimes find local vendors set up stalls for some fresh coconuts. Take your snorkels and enjoy the surrounding beautiful, shallow hard coral reef.
- Koh Pung – In deeper depths you will find granite boulders full of soft corals. Although sometimes stronger currents, divers have noted to spot whale sharks and manta rays here. If you lucky you can see a marbled sting ray hiding under the rocks!
- Hin Ggam – On our way back, we have a quick stop of at this mystery black, polished volcanic stone island and a last snorkel in its amazing hard and soft coral reef.
Program 3 – Green season tour
9am-2pm, 650- baht
- Koh Usen – A small rocky island just off Sunrise beach surrounded by a shallow reef with an amazing drop off zone. Larger schools of fish and the occasional Morray eel can be spotted here.
- Koh Kra – An all time favourite as this close by island has 2 small beaches and a surrounding reef, perfect for snorkeling amongst the plenty of reef fish and a break on the beach. For the more adventurous there is also a viewpoint climb with stunning views of Koh Lipe.
- Koh Adang – We visit the National Park station, home to a popular snorkel and dive reef. This long white sandy beach is perfect for our lunch stop, having shady trees to cover us, before walking into the ocean to explore the shallow reef with its abundance of marine life inhabitants.
- White Rock – We snorkel mostly in the shallower parts of this reef, close to the rock, exploring the deeper slopes to find squid and cuttle fish. A variety of corals, including colourful fan corals and barrel corals, add to this reefs beauty.
- Taru/Bitsi – The furthest away from Koh Lipe, these 2 small rocky islands, just East of Koh Adang, is popular for its superb hard coral reefs with a variety of marine life for snorkelers and divers to explore.
All Program Tours:
Includes: Mask, Snorkel / Lunch box / Water / Fruit / Life Jackets
- Snorkel Guide: An in-water snorkel guide, recommended for non-swimmers, can be added for an additional 1,500- baht per guide.
- Fin rental for an additional 100- baht per pair, recommended for competent swimmers that want to explore more of the reefs
- The National Park Fee is not included. Please bring your ticket if you pre-purchased on your arrival, or your 200- THB along on your snorkeling tour.
- Please note for all joined morning Program tours, we use local Chalay Captains and are only booking agents to promote their local island hopping tours.
- When booking online, we can guarantee you availability prior to your arrival and you would not have to miss out because boats are fully booked
- This tour has the protection of the environment in mind
- Safety and environmental protection briefings will be given to reduce the risk of injury for snorkelers and to safeguard the coral reefs
- A minimum number of 4 participants is required for the tour to run. Bookings will be confirmed at least 24 hours before the tour date. If the minimum number is not achieved, the operator will suggest another date or a full refund will be given
- Meeting Time: 09:00am
- Location: Adang Sea Divers
- Water and Wifi is available until pick up by local Chalay Captains
- Please bring your National Park ticket (or 200 thb per person) along with you